Shade sail systems are a cost effective, long lasting choice for UV and heat protection applications and are engineered to withstand the volatile Queensland climate.
But as with all infrastructure, gradual deterioration can weaken shade sail systems making them unsafe and unsightly. General wear and tear can also make them more susceptible to damage during a severe storm or natural disaster.
Cool Outdoor Living now offer an annual maintenance program for a nominal yearly fee, to keep your shade sail looking it’s best and provided longevity on the life of your product. Please contact us at [email protected] or 1300 655 310 for an obligation free quote on our maintenance program to ensure your shade lasts for many years in the
What you can do:
- Keep nearby trees and shrubs pruned to prevent them rubbing on sails
- Clean sails regularly to prevent the buildup of debris, mould or moss
- Avoid using harsh cleaning products such as bleach or any solvent type cleaner
- Avoid using WD-40 or any other lubricant on stainless steel hardware
- Check sails, points and posts immediately after any major storms or high winds, if safe to do so
What we can do:
- Check that shade sails are adequately tensioned. Check fixings to ensure tension is adequate and if sails appear loose or are flapping, they need to be fixed immediately
- Check base and support structures for signs of fatigue as a result of wind, impact, quality or age
- Check anchor points, welds and bolted connections for signs of damage or corrosion
- Check fabric for fraying, holes or other signs of wear and tear
- Consider the lifespan of the sails and replace them accordingly